4 x 4 Training Courses
4 x 4 training courses [off-road] now play an essential part in company driver training policy, ensuring that your 4×4 drivers are complying with current Health and Safety regulations and are working safely and efficiently. Modern 4 x 4 vehicles are designed to enable your drivers to access areas that would not normally be available to regular vehicles, enabling you to get personnel and equipment across the most formidable terrain.
- Health & Safety compliance under HSAW, PUWER and LOLER regulations
- Safe techniques for crossing all types of terrain
- Knowledge of traction aids available to 4×4 operators
- Understanding of both the capabilities and limitations of off-road vehicles
Once trained drivers will be capable of covering terrain that may otherwise have stopped them in their tracks safely, while having the techniques and knowledge to ensure that vehicle damage is minimised and efficiency is increased. The 4 x 4 training courses certification from LANTRA lasts for 5 years and fulfils the company duty to train operators on specialist vehicles. Re-certification courses are available.
The economic benefits of training your 4×4 drivers include:
- Increased efficiency – vehicles and drivers are able to work safely at their full potential
- Reduced repair costs – knowledge of vehicle limitations reduces off-road damage
- Reduced insurance – safe techniques will reduce collisions and claims
- Reduced maintenance – an understanding of the vehicle increases mechanical sympathy
In order to provide these courses we are working with the UK’s most highly qualified trainers who are both DSA Approved Driving Instructors (to ensure the legality and professional standard of your training) and LANTRA Off-Road Trainers (guaranteeing expertise in the use of 4×4’s and relevant H&S regulation).
4 x 4 Training Courses available: [off road]
2 Day Professional Off-Road 4 x 4 training courses
1 Day Re-certification Course
1 Day Off-Road Winching and Recovery Course
Fleet Risk Management solutions for 2018